Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP

The Sabbat have overrun Dallas for too long. The inner circle has chosen you to take backt he city. After you have fought for your right to survive, how will you continue to grow the city?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Status Update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Since it was only recently confirmed that we are using a very different set up for status. Can we please have the rules for this added to the boards so we know how it is working?
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 pm

We are working on a "quick and dirty" that goes over status for everyone to reference, but we are using the core mechanics in the LotN book.

I spoke briefly with Clara and Joey to make sure there was nothing that was being used before I started with this group, and it looks like there might have been some misunderstanding about using some rules that are tied to the old MES rules.

Let me know if you need any further clarification on anything, and I will try to finish that guide for everyone to reference ASAP. It might be a couple more days just due to real life stuff kicking me in the pants these past few weeks and it's catching up to me. I can update this thread on Monday evening to let everyone know where this is at.
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 5:48 pm

We have always been using the Lotn revised rules for status, with the exception of the 1 per story rule. Since we don't allow you to start with status, we want you to be able to build some status while you're in the city, so we don't limit it to 1 per "story".
Back to top Go down
https://deliriumvtm.rpg-board.net
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 6:30 pm

So there are a few things that i would like covered. Negative status is not a thing in the core book, it is only an obscure reference in the Princes Primer but it does not give rules for it. So are we going to continue use it, if so will rules be created as to how these function. Also like deb mentioned there have been status both added and removed over the 1 per story by mostly npcs who did not hold a position that allows that, will that be fixed or just watched closer moving forward. What is the "scale" we are using, normally 1 to 10 is the range and we are far from that so can we told what kind of a scale we are using?

Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Quote :
Also like deb mentioned there have been status both added and removed over the 1 per story by mostly npcs who did not hold a position that allows that, will that be fixed or just watched closer moving forward.

This part was an oversight on our part. The NPC's will not be giving out any further status that is not allowed per their position etc. We are not going to remove that status, as that would be a bigger headache than just fixing it moving forward.

Yes negative status rules will be posted as part of our cheat sheet we are working on. This was also an oversight as every game we have ever played in has the same rules for neg status.
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 am

Sorry for the late update. We are still working on the document, but it is coming along.

Please keep sending any additional questions that might come up so we can make sure the doc is going to hit all the points we need it to.
Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:46 am

My only point is why reinvent the wheel. There is already a system in place. Status was never intended to be given out in massive quantities like merit badges. And really yhey should be difficult to gain, doing some minor task should not warrent it. as you are doing what you need to survive. Vamps are predators and would not lightly give praise in that form as they would just be weakening their own powerbase. Only stations and actions that go far beyond the need
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:49 am

We are not reinventing anything Jason. You are absolutely correct that there is already a system in place, but when we have players coming up to us asking what status is clearly there is a need to help go over this info.

It has been difficult to gain overall, and it has NOT been given out nearly as much as it should have - positive and negative status both.
Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 9:56 am

If players are asking what status is would it not be easier to refer them to the section in the core book that covers it then have them read a seperate doc? Again just trying to understand why new rulea are being written.
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:01 am

No new rules are being written. Yes we have referred the players to the book but the book is vague and does not give clear examples so it is hard to understand for some people who have never played before.

So we are doing something to help everyone who has never played before grasp the concept a little easier. The ONLY thing we are changing is the "1 per story rule" and we are adding rules for negative status because, as you pointed out, they are NOT in the core book.

Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:09 am

Ah so less making rules and more creating a how to guide.
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2016 10:13 am

Yes, which is what we have been saying Smile
Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:49 am

So? Any word as to when you will have the new stuff posted since the game is only 2 days away?
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:53 am

Yup, should be today. We worked on this until about 10pm last night, and I had to call a stop so I could spend time with the wife. I am going over this one final time to make sure we didn't miss anything. Expect to have your hands on it today.
Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:06 am

Clara said that no new rules are being created so how much work are y'all having to put in to make examples of how status functions?
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:19 pm

I am not posting this as bitching, but just to point some stuff out.

JasonMyrick wrote:
Clara said that no new rules are being created so how much work are y'all having to put in to make examples of how status functions?

A few points here....

1. Real life can slow some of this stuff down when it takes a back seat. Now add the fact that the entire staff has to coordinate schedules to make sure we can find a time to all meet on this stuff. Throw in that some of the ST's have kids into that mix, and it can be a bit of a beast to deal with. Please understand that running this game requires more time than just showing up on game day. It can add up really quick.
  2. The stuff we can actually copy/paste (and I still have to edit that) from the books is limited to the core book. All other books require that I manually retype anything we want to add. On top of that WW left quite a few things open to interpretation and vague like Clara mentioned. It slows down the process of getting guides out.  
  3. There is more than just the core book that the ST staff had to review, and most of the important notes are not easy to find. It takes time to give a real in depth dive into all of these books. To be honest what we have right now is still subject to additional entries based on the fact we have not had time to review every book for MET that might cover the status topic.
  4. After all of the information is compiled it has to be reviewed by all of the ST staff to make sure we all agree on what is going to be presented. You will be able to appreciate the fact we are taking this step given how much you look at the fine print.
  5. Now also throw on top of all of the other items we have to address before next game like downtimes, rumors, influence actions, and the audits that are being requested. While this document will be important it is not as "mission critical" as making sure that downtimes are done, and your character sheets are updated.

In sum up, please keep in mind that while the document itself might not be a total revamp of the rules, it is only one part of the bigger picture. We did not commit to having this delivered to everyone before this next game, but I did say as soon as possible. I feel you can appreciate these details given that you used to run a game yourself. Thank you for understanding.
Back to top Go down
JasonMyrick

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Sure so long as these rules will not be used at the game until they have been made open to the players with time to understand them, then take however long.
Back to top Go down
Miller Time

Miller Time

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Since we are not totally revamping the status rules that should not be an issue. Generally speaking we don't drop rules changes at the last second, which is supported by how we handled the Auspex/Obfuscate situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Status Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Status Update   Status Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Status Update
Page 1 of 1