Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP

The Sabbat have overrun Dallas for too long. The inner circle has chosen you to take backt he city. After you have fought for your right to survive, how will you continue to grow the city?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Board games??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:12 am

Who here likes board games? what's your favorite?

I LOVE board games, own several. I am currently obsessed with Firefly, which is basically space monopoly so block out like 9 hours of time to play it HAHAH but it's soooooo goood. Also, Pandemic, the game essentailly plays against you while you try to save the world. Great game, hard as shit.
Back to top Go down
https://deliriumvtm.rpg-board.net
Jessica

Jessica

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:52 am

I love Pandemic - though it's not nearly as hard as, lets say, Red November.

Betrayal in the House on the Hill has got to be my favorite. I love Cooperpetitive games like that! Also, any of the Cryptozoic deck building games - I have their DC one and its first expansion, though they also have ones for Naruto, Lord of the Rings and Street Fighter.

I actually bought a few more recently that I haven't had the opportunity to play yet...
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:50 am

Have you played Pandemic with all the expansions or just the base game? The expansions add more difficulty to it for sure.

I've never heard of Betrayal In teh House on the Hill....I will have to look that up and see what it's about.

I'm not really into deck building games, except Magic the Gathering, but even that I don' tkeep up with. I should not have to replace my entire set every 3 months to play the game. Joey and I have several thousand cards including a few beta and I think one alpha edition card. So we just play at home instead of at tourneys and stuff LOL
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:07 am

Oh - Deck Building Games and Collectable Trading Card Games are different things (although I do have my own EDH Magic decks too Razz )

By far the most popular deck building game is Dominion - which I don't have because it's like a $90 game - but maybe you have heard of it?
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:26 am

I think Devon plays Dominion online. I haven't played it before though
Back to top Go down
DebThompson

DebThompson

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:35 am

I love Dominion, and likewise don't have it for the same reason. The difference between deck building games and Collectable Trading Card Games is that there's no variance on odds. Every player starts with the same deck odds in a deck builder, rather than "you have access to what you can pay to win" odds of CTG. Other card games I really like are Tichu, which I have, and Knightmare Chess, which is sadly out of print and badly inflated on ebay.

I like a variety of games, though I try to avoid ones that specifically involve directly assaulting each others' positions, such as Risk or Axis and Allies. Indirect maneuvering, underhanded ploys, negotiation oriented games, I'll jump in for those. Cooperative group games like Pandemic, definite yes.
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 am

Deb you would like Firefly then Smile
Back to top Go down
DebThompson

DebThompson

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Probably. Somewhere around here I have the RPG core set.
Back to top Go down
JJ Garcia

JJ Garcia

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Firefly board game! Love that shit
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I've never played the Firefly board game! Who is hosting Game Night? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 8:51 am

LOL well we have a few people coming over tonight to play Firefly and drink..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 9:43 am

Is that an invite?
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm

BYOB and answer your FB messenger Smile
Back to top Go down
devonw

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 4:18 pm

People who enjoy board games should probably talk to me. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Board games?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Board games??   Board games?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Board games??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP :: Out Of Character Discussion :: Off Topic-
Jump to: