Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP

The Sabbat have overrun Dallas for too long. The inner circle has chosen you to take backt he city. After you have fought for your right to survive, how will you continue to grow the city?

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Party at the DCMA

Go down 
+10
painlesslaceration
clara
krackus
Jessica
Mr.Me
dlione
Draco Arcane
NikkiLee
DebThompson
Rayce
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
clara

clara

The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 6:25 pm

"Pleasant evening to you Mr. Bellmonte, the hospital is quite well indeed. Enjoy the wonderful art Ms. Clark has so graciously arranged for us to see."
Back to top Go down
https://deliriumvtm.rpg-board.net
Carterrs

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 6:53 pm

(Victor walks in wearing his usual black biker outfit, but with a long sleeve black shirt) * walks around looking at the Art.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 am

"... I'll come back when you are more present, Mr Blank" Vanessa mutters as she wanders away - just in time to join Dr Belgarde and Anthony in conversation.

She loops her arm easily through her Primogen's, leaning against him with casual familiarity. "Why thank you! I was a little worried that the venue wasn't, ah, accessible enough - but most seem to be enjoying it. Ms Wells and Mr Starns both put in appearances, though they've left already. Did you know that Thana takes an interest in art? I'll admit it surprised me a little. I suppose appearances really can be deceiving. She is very pleasant, when she isn't yelling at me." She giggles as a thought strikes her "Maybe that is why she and Mr Starns get along so well! Since they have that in common."

"I think perhaps the gallery was the wrong choice if we wanted to have an intelligent conversation with Mr Blank. He's, ah, mentally elsewhere." Her gesture takes in the Toreador just a few feet away - who is still preoccupied with the art on the walls.
Back to top Go down
Annabelle S.

Annabelle S.

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:09 pm

Anastasya arrives rather late in the evening, slipping into an act of confidence, and a few "human" tricks she easily gets past the bouncer.

Walking in she avoids looking at the art work on the walls she is here to be social, not stare at art all night.
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:26 pm

I think the gallery is the perfect choice Vanessa. Mr Blank just has a passion for his work.

*raises an eyebrow at the close contact between two kindred*

I am glad to see you are settling into Dallas well. Are any of these works for sale? Could you arrange a few to be shipped to my asy....hospital?

Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:53 pm

"Oh, Mr Blank was the last person I was worried about." Vanessa puts on a very diplomatic smile.

"My understanding, Doctor, is that the Gallery doesn't sell the pieces. Rather they display them, and encourage you to reach out to the artist directly if you wish to make a purchase - and I gather that many will work on commission as well, if you want something more tailored. If there was a specific piece that caught your eye, I'm sure I either know or know someone who knows the artist. Remind me to collect your contact information later, and I will put you in touch."
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:01 pm

*The doctor brandishes a business card*

Here is my contact information dear. I would appreciate the connection. I haven't updated my waiting room in quite some time. I think it's fallen out of fashion.

*shrugs* Time passes so slowly I tend to lose track of the year.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Vanessa takes the card smoothly and glances it over once before it disappears into her clutch.

"Of course. Why don't you show me which caught your eye?" she makes to follow the Doctor, her hold on Anthony meaning that he is coming, too.

(OOG: I don't think TJ is on the forums often. I am taking liberties with his character for continuity purposes Razz )
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:25 pm

*the doctor clearly looks excited as she starts to drag the other Kindred around the gallery

This one! http://scienceblogs.com/corpuscallosum/wp-content/blogs.dir/462/files/2012/04/i-066b9f0efb73f2a2ce19960158c149c4-1108-ESSAY-A_x600.jpg

and this one! https://www.google.com/search?q=modern+art+brain&safe=active&biw=987&bih=488&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI8LPl5rLtxwIVg5ANCh2BQw9Q&dpr=1#imgdii=h1x82PsJiMqJRM%3A%3Bh1x82PsJiMqJRM%3A%3BkGFWki0b81MZuM%3A&imgrc=h1x82PsJiMqJRM%3A

oh oh and THIS ONE!! http://tofspot.blogspot.com/2012/09/observation-on-state-of-modern-art.html
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 4:43 pm

"I'm sensing a theme!" Vanessa giggles at her own joke.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, Doctor. Your study of the brain. Did it predate your, uh-" she taps the side of her neck meaningfully, right where the cheesiest B movies would put marks from a vampire bite. "Or was it inspired by it?"
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 6:56 pm

*The doctor chuckles and shakes her head*

I started out studying medicine with my father, way back when I was a little girl. I was fascinated by the boy and how it works. As time passed I learned more about the thing that made our bodys work. The brain. So many parts compacted so tightly and swimming loose in the skull. So delicate, yet so....strong.

*She sighs*

It is a beautiful thing and I am fascinated by it and how it works.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:58 am

"How long ago, if you don't mind me asking?"
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:12 am

How long ago did I study with my father?

Well....girls we not allowed to do things like that, so I dressed as a boy. My father saw my potential and risked his reputation to include me in his studies. I kept my hair sheared short and wore boys clothes and just kept my head down and payed attention.
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:36 am

Vanessa smiles grimly. "So, less long ago than we'd like to think. Even as enlightened as the Kine seem to think they are these days, there are certain assumptions made about women who dare to have careers - much less to pursue fields like medicine or finance." She indicates the Doctor on 'medicine' and herself on 'finance.'

"Anything remotely difficult is still considered a male field. And the eldest of us are still subject to the prejudices we held in life. Did you know that there are parts of the world where Ventrue are actively discouraged from siring females? It is assumed that we are less capable of holding leadership positions."

Last edited by Ezeze on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:40 am

The doctor chuckles

No not as long ago as we would like to think but still long enough ago to make a difference. Now women are able and usually encouraged to study medicine and finance. The Ventrue are the "Clan of Kings" (she air quotes) and thus they are stuck in the dark times and think that women are lesser. Wouldn't want our deliciate sensibilites muddying up their male driven clan bloodlines. David Starnes seems to have a good head on his shoulders though. Taking in the Clanless like he does. surely he doesn't hold the same prejudices against women as others?
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:46 am

"Honestly I haven't inquired - it would seem self serving, I'm sure. I've not yet encountered any overt prejudice in Dallas, at least. It seems that old ways of thinking don't survive as well under pressure. Bigotry is a luxury."
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 11:37 am

Well it isn't something that you can just ask.... "hey do you hate women?" is kind of brash and of course hard to answer honestly. Mr Starnes doesn't seem like the lying type though, so i'd imagine any answer you receievd would be truthful. Either way, I'm glad that I don't have to worry about that kind of thing.

Back to top Go down
Annabelle S.

Annabelle S.

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 12:16 pm

Anastasya walks over to the group where Vanessa is. "Miss Clark, I am sorry to interrupt, but if you have a moment, I would like to speak to you on a matter concerning the Arts."
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 1:06 pm

"Well, it's an excellent location for it! What can I do for you, Anastasya?"
Back to top Go down
Annabelle S.

Annabelle S.

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 12:03 pm

"When I first arrived in Dallas Juan Palo mentioned opening a theater to me. I still fully intend to open the theater, but due to his untimely demise I no longer have the funding to do so. I would like to speak to you and the rest of his clan involving this matter before I have to find funding elsewhere as he was the one who entrusted the idea to me."
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 2:13 pm

"Oh darling, unless you have something truly outrageous planned I don't see any reason to drag the other Ventrue into this. I knew Juan for only a little while, but he was kind to me in that time period. If I can fulfill one of his obligations - and bring more sophistication to the city in the process - I am thrilled to help.

Tell me - do you have a business plan drawn up? How much capital do you need?"
Back to top Go down
clara

clara

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 3:20 pm

The doctor starts to laugh robustly and walks away. eventually making her way out of the gallery, laughing the entire way out.
Back to top Go down
Annabelle S.

Annabelle S.

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 pm

"I do not as I have not able to find a place for it to stand just yet."
Back to top Go down
Jessica

Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 am

Vanessa shakes her head at the retreating Malk. She speaks with Anastasia as if nothing had happened.

"I understand. That is something I can help you with, of course. Why don't you tell me a little more about it?"
Back to top Go down
Annabelle S.

Annabelle S.

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 pm

"I was thinking of a more older style in architecture, with some modern aspects within it and also in the technical part of the theater."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Party at the DCMA   The Party at the DCMA - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Party at the DCMA
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Delirium -A Vampire the Masquerade LARP :: In- Character Discussion :: In Character RP Board-
Jump to: